Project Saathi - 6 Open positions for Internship/Thesis
Impacters is growing and we are putting together a team of strong, enthusiastic engineers and scientists!
Impacters aims to start a movement that encourages youths, especially girls to innovate in the field of STEM by giving them the tools to get started and aspiring them to continue exploring. It also aspires to create an inviting place for future female tech leaders by giving them the tools and support to invent and innovate in an unrestricted environment. After organizing numerous workshops and internship sessions, Impacters is now working on a 10 month project (possibility for extension) that will simplify agriculture through scientific methods and we are looking for interns/thesis students to support us in the further development of our solutions.
About the project
- In this exciting project, you will work on diverse issues related to the topic of data-driven farming. The goal: scientific assessment of agricultural methods and to make smart farming more accessible to the smallholder farmers.
- As an intern, you will be involved in various tasks ranging from building software, machine learning and data analysis modules to building the actual hardware assemblies for agriculture related modules.
- In addition, you will either help your team interpret the results and build applications to present them or help build hardware prototypes from the ground up, including custom optimized circuit boards and custom hardware enclosures.
- You will be active on our online communities by contributing content to our online media channels.
- Flexible working hours (TBD together with your team)
- Enrolled in the 3rd semester (or higher) of Bachelor’s in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Mechanical) or Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic programming skills
- Some experience with Machine Learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, spaCy, scikit-learn)
- Ability to carry out research independently
- Basic understanding of data preprocessing techniques
- Experience with hardware modules (e.g. microcontrollers, sensors)
- Experience with mobile application development (flutter)
- Experience with web application development (vue.js)
- Previous experience with agricultural projects
- Hands-on experience in software, electrical, mechanical, and/or electromechanical prototyping.
What we offer
- Opportunity to grow with an initiative with a real purpose
- Opportunity to participate in seminars, workshops organized by Impacters
- Direct supervision from experienced engineers
- Dynamic learning environment with a young, passionate and skilled team
- Opportunity for thesis projects
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV, cover letter, expected start date and relevant certificates.
Have questions? We’ll be happy to answer them!
Application deadline: 08 January 2021