Project Saathi - 3 Open positions for Hardware Engineers
Level: Entry Level / Brief previous work experience
Impacters is growing and we are putting together a team of strong, enthusiastic engineers and scientists!
Impacters aims to start a movement that encourages youths, especially girls to innovate in the field of STEM by giving them the tools to get started and aspiring them to continue exploring. It also aspires to create an inviting place for future female tech leaders by giving them the tools and support to invent and innovate in an unrestricted environment. After organizing numerous workshops and internship sessions, Impacters is now working on a 10 month project (possibility for extension) that will simplify agriculture through scientific methods and we are looking for engineers to support us in the further development of our solutions.
About the project
- In this exciting project, you will work on diverse issues related to the topic of data-driven farming. The goal: scientific assessment of agricultural methods and to make smart farming more accessible to the smallholder farmers.
- As a hardware engineer, you will be responsible for building hardware assemblies (iot modules) for agricultural data analysis.
- You will be building hardware prototypes from the ground up, including custom optimized circuit boards and custom hardware enclosures.
- You will also advise our team of young interns on the further development and sustainable implementation of their ideas.
- You will be active on our online communities by contributing content to our online media channels.
- Working hours: Sun.-Fri. (10am - 5pm)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong background in electrical engineering, especially circuit design and optimization, or equivalent
- Experience with IoT modules
- Experience in microprocessor/microcontroller programming
- Basic understanding of 3D modeling for 3D printing (Fusion 360, Tinkercad, Blender)
- Ability to carry out research independently
- Strong programming skills (C, C++, Python, Node.js)
- Previous experience with mentoring
- Previous experience with agricultural projects
What we offer
- Opportunity to grow with an initiative with a real purpose
- Opportunity to participate in seminars, programs organized by Impacters
- Dynamic learning environment with a young, passionate and skilled team
- Opportunity for thesis projects
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV, cover letter, expected salary, expected start date and relevant certificates.
Have questions? We’ll be happy to answer them!
Application deadline: Closed.